Monday, September 03, 2018

Intent To Update

This is just a quick note saying that I intend to update this blog for a little while.  I've been playing around with the idea of getting away from Facebook and other social media, since they seem to be unfulfilling and ultimately more trouble than they are worth.

I've been playing around with sites like Mastodon instances (a FOSS Twitter clone,) and Pixelfed (FOSS Instagram, still in development.)  They are both limited, in their ways.  Pixelfed, obviously only does pictures, and this is great in that it gives a reason/motivation for creativity.  I've even heard of open source blogging platforms, but none of them seem to be ready for reliable use.

All of which, of course, brings me back to Google.  Blogger, of course, started out on it's own but is now part of Google.  It hasn't gotten too much attention, but I think mostly that's because it's fine on its own, as it is.  It was never intended to be a Facebook type of social media site.  It's a place to post one's writings, and maybe other works.

This is also a bit of a test to see where else this updates to.  I've had a history of trying to tie various websites together.  So if this shows up on Google Plus or Facebook or goodness knows where else, well better to know that now, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment